Smile! It’s one of the very first things that people noticed about you when greeting, or speaking to them. A smile is often something that people feel self-conscious about, particularly when it isn’t as bright or as healthy looking as they would like it to be. If you personally struggle with the confidence of your own smile, or feel that it isn’t up to standards, or if you know of someone that is in need of or wanting to improve their own smile, you can give the gift of a smile makeover today! Giving the gift of confidence makes the world of a difference in someone’s life, which will positively affect their life for many years to come.
When having a smile makeover done, it’s important to take some things into consideration. For example, what is the size of the individual’s mouth and teeth, the current health of the gum tissues, and overall dental health? Also, the color, age and health of the teeth should be considered, as well. There are many elements that go into making a perfect smile, and not every person may need the exact same things. A smile makeover can include a wide variety of different things, such as:
- Teeth Whitening– One of the simplest ways to give a mini makeover to any smile is by brightening it up! Over time, teeth naturally begin to yellow for environmental reasons, and from certain eating and drinking habits. Various long-term medications can also affect the coloring of teeth, as well.
- Replace Any Old Dental Work– If there are a lot of older silver fillings within the mouth, replacing them with a color-matching composite is another great way to get started on a dental makeover. Other outdated dental work such as veneers or implants, can also be replaced as part of the makeover process. This not only helps to improve the overall health of a person’s smile, but it also improves the appearance of it, as well. Properly conducted dental work is nearly impossible to detect.
- Replace Missing Teeth and Fill Gaps– This can have a huge effect on the appearance of a smile, and reduce the risk of dental decay. Missing teeth and gaps can be replaced with dental implants, bridges or partial dentures.
- Straightening and Aligning– If the teeth appear to be either crooked or crowded, there are straightening options available such as braces, or dental implants to help fix these issues.
- Perfecting the Teeth-Whenever dental work is done, there is a method used to perfect the length of the teeth, giving the individual their very best smile possible. If dental implants and veneers are already present, it’s important to make sure that they are adjusted accordingly to coincide with the face of the patient. A smile should look natural, with teeth that are proportionately sized appropriately.
To achieve the patient’s goals for their smile, it’s important to take into consideration that these improvements could take multiple visits to achieve. But once thoroughly completed, it is well worth the time! A bright, confident and healthy smile is a wonderful asset to anyone. If you would like to see what options are available for a smile makeover, please contact us today. We look forward to giving you the confidence you deserve!